v2.0.7 – 26 Jan 2010
- FIXED (minor): Optimized cache generation for “next” and “previous” icons. Now the next and previous images are truly being cached while you are seeing a certain image
- NEW (minor): Added a new demo folder called 2010/fish eye… with big image files so you can see the client cache in action
v2.0 – 1 Sept 08
- FIXED (major): Fixed RSS feed so know it is displayed properly by using the integrated Firefox RSS reader (added title, link and description nodes)
- NEW (major): Added cache functionality for the main folder treeview, increasing performance when the gallery has many folders.
- NEW (major): Password protected addon integrated in core engine.
- NEW (major): Embedded video player (relies on installed browser video players)
- NEW (major): Added **background image precaching** for previous and next image so browsing pictures is even faster!!
- NEW (major): Added next and previous thumbnail preview when you mouse over the navigation arrows.
- NEW (major): Added keyboard shortcuts for common operations!!! (next picture, right picture, etc.)
- NEW (major): Keyboard activated collapsible left panel so you have more space for the main image (also using a keyboard shortcut)!
- NEW (major): Added multiple folder ignore filter capability – use “;” separator (Const cHideFoldersPattern=”ignorefilter1;ignorefilter2″)
- NEW (major): Global authentication system has been created for common admin operations.
- NEW (major): Added easy AJAX editor for author coments (have to login as administrator first)
- NEW (major): Code refactored and separate include files created, so editing files is much more intuitive.
- NEW (major – fixed): Improved thumbnail.aspx performance by avoiding loading images when they are in disk (hard cache) (thanks Matt)
- NEW (major): ZIP and download functionality (zip and download the whole folder!!) using ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll
- NEW (minor): Added a display for the number of comments made to a certain picture on “N recent comments page”
- NEW (minor): Minimal icon and layout changes (icons credits: author: www.famfam.com)
- NEW (minor): ‘Google like’ date format (“3 days and 3 hours ago” instead of “23/10/2007 15:34”)
1.2.6 – 27 September 2007
- FIXED: Adding vertical scroll to thumbnail list (overflow) on IE 7 (http://www.aspphotogallery.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12).
- FIXED: Email format when using CDOSYS as email component (with CDONTS worked well).
- NEW: Added link to image in “Send to Friend” functionality.
- NEW: Link to current image added as text under the image (more usable).
- FIXED: Fixed adding multilines comments.
- FIXED: Issues with adding comment and send email to friend when you click on a folder (shows first picture of the folder) instead of clicking on the picture itself.
- ADDED: Subjects for email notifications now include picture name or sender.
1.2.5 – 12 July 2007
- CHANGED: Thumbnail.aspx modified to have a better, more verbose output in case of thumbnail generation error.
- New: Added some examples of how to generate dynamic content on the home page.
- New: Code has been splitted in three files for easier customization and configuration. Files: configuration.asp, functions.asp and index.asp
- New: Added extra usability to the way the main image is resized.
1.2.4 – 1 July 2007
- NEW: Added new testing features on testthumb.aspx so it is easier to diagnose thumbnail generation problems.
- NEW: The software will remember which tab are you (exif, alerts, comments, send to friend, etc) across gallery navigation.
- NEW: Added dynamic thumbnail resizing!
- NEW: When accesing a new folder, thumbnais first picture found on the folder will be displayed in large, saving you one click (of course a custompage for that particular folder will overwrite this behaviour)
- NEW: A “delete info” button has been added to the “send to friend” addon, soy you can clean an entry with just one click.
- CHANGED: Improved how main image resizing is done. Future plans to control image resizing using the keyboard.
- FIXED: Fixed issues related to thumbnail generation with files formats others than JPG.
- FIXED: Comment size limitation.
1.2.3 – 4 June 2007
- NEW: Squared thumbnails!!
- FIXED: Problem showing main image in “original” size
- NEW: File names under thumbnails always in lowercase
1.2.2 – 8 May 2007
- FIXED: Bug introduced in number of pics per row.
- NEW: Thumbnails are stored in cache with a better name convention (virtual path instead of physical path)
- FIXED: Better checking for whatever a file is an image or not.
- NEW: Number of characters to display on thumbnail name configurable.
- NEW: Changed custom page addon extension to .asp so we can use server side custom pages.
1.2.1 – 23 April 2007
- FIXED: Minor fixes.
1.2.0 – 17 March 2007
- NEW: Thumbnail “hard caching” feature, so thumbnails can be automatically generated and stored on the hard drive, optimizacion resources for a high traffic web site.
- NEW: Usability: Quick access to image resizing by using – and + arrows.
- NEW: RSS functionality improved.
- NEW: New tab based layout controlled by “mouse over events” for a quicker access to Comments, EXIF, send to friend, funcionalities…
1.1.4 – 20 Feb 2007
- Alerts controls won’t show up if comments are disabled.
- Also, “visitor comments” text won’t show up if comments are disabled.
1.1.0 – December 2006
- First version with AJAX engine.